google analetics

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

out of oxygen and stuff

Once I get to the micro studio, where there is a fantastic east light streaming through the window, I will fire up the torch and use up the K tank of oxygen in a couple hours and then sit down, stare into the light coming through the 18 by 18 INCH window and wonder about the near future until I get another oxygen tank.


Ah ha, make marble boxes until I have enough money for oxygen.

Did you know... that I make tweenty one pieces of paper and cardboard and then asemble the parts into a box.

The making of cardboard boxes for marble sets.

The prototype.

First you drink a lot of beer. Cut the boxes up into flat usable pieces. Cut up brown paper sacks into flat paper, that the beer did not come in, I had something go right for once when I was given a box full of new 14" x 8 3/8" brown sacks, I am wearing one right now. Do some math and get the math wrong over and over. I finally got a really good usable prototype box done. Now if I had been smart enough, I would have used the brown side of the cardboard to hide the Bud label, with the next box I was a little Weiser and hid the label...

... After way too many trials and errors I had forms and templates plus correct measurements for making the strips for the side of the 12 count box. Then I became really stupid... a condition I have suffered from this year... I decided to make a 6 count box, how hard would that be... just about as hard as the 12 count box, you do not cut dimensions in half!... The 6 count box is now known as the six pack.

The first boxes went through some tweaks thus increasing the complexity of the box, just what I needed.

Bye
Mike

No comments: