google analetics

Friday, October 23, 2009

Hard Times six pack marble set

OR


how to just get by


At thirty dollars for a box of these marbles I can get seven sets out of a tank of oxygen. That works out to be $175.00. $175 minus $35.00 for oxygen equals $140.00. And free shipping is $5.00 per package times 7 boxes equals $35.00. $140.00 minus shipping, $35.00, equals $105.00. Making approximately ten of these 7/8" marbles a day takes... Did I mention, I make the boxes too.
Hard times marble sets contain six app. 7/8" marbles of various types. These marbles make it into the hard times box instead of the numbered sets for various reasons as follows:
1. I am not fond of a particular marble... to critical I guess.

2. The size is a little too big or too small.

3. or the marble in a large number of cases is really cool and could have made the grade for the numbered sets.
The making of cardboard boxes for marble sets.
Making the prototype marble box
OR
the road to more work than I needed…
First you drink a lot of beer. Cut the boxes up into flat usable pieces. Cut up brown paper sacks into flat paper, that the beer did not come in, I had something go right for once when I was given a box full of new 14" x 8 3/8" brown sacks, I am wearing one right now. Do some math and get the math wrong over and over. I finally got a really good usable prototype box done. Now if I had been smart enough, I would have used the brown side of the cardboard to hide the Bud label, with the next box I was a little Weiser and hid the label...
.. After way too many trials and errors I had forms and templates plus correct measurements for making the strips for the side of the 12 count box. Then I became really stupid... a condition I have suffered from this year... I decided to make a 6 count box, how hard would that be... just about as hard as the 12 count box, you do not cut dimensions in half!... The 6 count box is now known as the six pack.
The first boxes went through some tweaks thus increasing the complexity of the box, just what I needed.
Bye,
Mike, terminal velocity is a reality, E








No comments: