google analetics

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

level playing field

I finally figured out why the following three words spoken by people who seek to help their constituents, lobbyist and protect their own backside and those words are "level playing ground". The key words here are "playing field". I figure that if I am on the playing field I am there to win. I will play by the rules, politicians... hmm... Then there is the theoretical advantage of the home game versus the away game and who are the referees anyway. As you see there are some problems cropping up here. Ok you have a "level" playing field and what happens on these fields, why yes, games. What games are played on a 'field', hide and seek, basketball, soccer, tennis, checkers, kick the can etc. What do they have in common, a playing surface a 'field' and what drives a game, rules. Back to the level playing field: on this field there must be rules and who writes these rules and are the rules written on a level playing field, I think not. The rules are written by lobbyist in conjunction with a politicians staff. While the level field is being chalked out behind closed doors the politician is out on the front steps spouting the party line and soothing their constituents. Now as I look at the level playing field I realize the other side is not in view, could it be all those obstacles in the way?


Next chapter, the American people "believe".
 
Bye
 Mike

No comments: